Tuesday 10 March 2009

The Meeting

Today, 10 March 2009, as scheduled last week, I met - actually having a lunch meeting - with my ex "employer", Melvin Collard.

Mel was the MD of Collard & Partners, a Lloyd's Brokers. He is now working in Jakarta, married to Indonesian, and managing an independent brokers - CPA (Collard & Partners Asia).
I first met him in London, back in 99 when I was pursuing my dissertation for my MBA. I was discussin the London (insurance) market. I was given the opportunity to have an internship at C&P. It was on Mark Lane, in the City.

Meeting with him, surely bring back some memory. I remember when I was first met my future wife there. How she surprised me by coming all the way from Liverpool to London just to accompany me during the "working days".

Oh gosh....

Will I be - some day - able to have my child(ren) study abroad ..... (crossing my fingers)

I used to live in Bethnal Green - the dark area for some people. Now, what I've heard, the area is being built for 2010 Olympics facilities.

Back to Mel, some years back - in 2002(?) - I met him again. He came to our office - well, not to see me personally, of course. Just a coincident - he was seeing my boss , P'Sy.
The second meeting, approx a year ago - he was seeing the Bosses. I just pass him by.
This afternoon, he host the lunch at Borobudur Hotel. I had the legendary oxtail soup - gosh, it was nice. A piece of leg of lamb. Small portion of nasi goreng and fruits as desserts - plus 3 glasses of drinks.

Anyway, the chit-chat and nostalgia - I told him that I would never forget friends.

---

Later this afternoon, I met Rahman from Agilent, Kuala Lumpur. Actually, he is coming to Jakarta not for business - he was with his wife and other family members. But he manage to visit some of business partner.

I, personally, offer myself to meet him during his stays in Jakarta. I know how does it feel for someone when travel abroad. Especially when it was a virgin trip. I offer him to have a lunch or dinner, but he gently did not take my offer, as he wanted to accompany his family to watch Wayang show (what???).

I ashamed of myself - I don't have a chance to watch one......

Anyway... friends are everywhere... Never forget your friends... Somehow, someway they will be around to support you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment....